Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Missing you

I am missing so many people right now.  My good friend H just moved New York City and my sister and her family just ended their two week visit and returned to Pennsylvania.  I have a weird way of coping with missing people.  Denial is one of my favorite ways but I also like to surround myself with things that remind me of them.  It's either food, books, drinks or movies: anything that I know they like and enjoy.

When H was packing up at work she gave away some tins with paper clips and other office supplies.  Tucked into those tins were also sticky notes with names of movies and books that people had recommended to her.  I put a bunch of them on my library cue and I think of her every time I pick up a "H" inspired pick.

I made a special Raley's run to pick up gluten-free crackers, cheese and Chai tea mix - all things that we ate and drank while my sister was here.  I also picked up the book she was reading while she was here- Four Kitchens.  It seems silly when I read about what I do but having those familiar things around me helps me think of those I miss and helps with the pain of missing them.

Now please excuse me while I go eat some Fage yogurt with honey while drinking some PGTips tea.  Miss you and love you tons D.

No comments:

Post a Comment